Federal Hotels International (FHI) Federal Hotels International Group of Hotels & Serviced Suites (“FHI Group”) namely The Federal Kuala Lumpur, Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur, Tribeca Serviced Suites and The Grace Hotel, Sydney regards privacy is of the essence and is committed to protect all Personal Data provided or collected from clients/customers and potential clients/customers.
What Information About You Do We Gather? Information you provide helps us to know and serve you better, which is part of our Mission to provide consistent quality service to our guests. The types of information we gather are:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You may choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as reserving a room or any other products we may offer, responding to your requests, customizing your preferences and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and may evaluate certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses www.fhihotels.com.
- E-mail Communications: We do use e-mail addresses for promotional purposes but we will provide you with the option not to receive such mailings, both in each promotional mailing and on this website.
You will, however, receive an auto-generated e-mail confirmation when making a reservation online, and occasionally from our reservation sales agents for inquiries related to a booking you have made for any of our services and products.
- Information from Other Sources: For reasons such as improving the personalisation of our services (for example, providing recommendations or special offers that we think will interest you), we might receive information about you from other sources and add it to your existing information.
- Travel Agents and Booking Websites: Travel Agents, authorised persons who book accommodation for you and online booking sites also supply us with your personal data so that we can provide you with the required services.
Contests In the event you participate in FHI Group’s promotions, contests or sweepstakes, your name, electronic mail address and other personal information will be collected for identification and notification purposes.
Social Media We may collect certain information from your social media account consistent with your social media settings, when you take part in any social media activities sponsored by the FHI Group. You may also be subject to the privacy policies of these social media sites and the FHI Group shall not be responsible for your activities on these social media sites.
Linked Sites There may be third party websites linked to the FHI Group’s websites. We will not be responsible for any information contained on such websites and any activities conducted on such websites shall be at your own risk and will be subject to the privacy policies of the websites concerned.
What About Cookies? Some websites store, as does www.fhihotels.com, information in a small text file, called a "cookie" on your hard disk. Cookies contain information about you and your preferences. For example, if you inquire about rates and availability, the site might create a cookie that contains the details you entered. Or it might only contain a record of which pages within the site you visited, to help the site customise the view for you the next time you visit.
Only the information that you provide, or the choices you make while visiting a website, can be stored in a cookie. For example, the site cannot determine your e-mail address unless you choose to type it. Allowing a website to create a cookie does not give that or any other site access to the rest of your computer, and only the site that created the cookie can read it.
Does the FHI Group Share the Information It Receives?Information about our guests is important for us in order to provide you with maximum comfort and the legendary experience of staying in the FHI Group. We may therefore share information amongst the FHI Group but we will not sell or give away any information to third parties. Your data will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will only be retained for so long as it is necessary or required by applicable law. Such data will be destroyed once it is no longer required or when you so request for it.
Direct Marketing – Third Party We never disclose personal information that we collect to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products and services unless you have given us your permission to do so.
Direct Marketing – FHI Group By accepting our services, you expressly permit the FHI Group to use your personal information for our direct marketing purposes and the purposes expressly set out in this policy. You further consent to our use of your information to keep you informed of the launching of new products and services by email, fax, social media or letters and undertaking other marketing or service based activities. You may opt out of any of these direct marketing services at any time. Cross Border We may share your personal information with the FHI Group around the world. We may also use Software as a Service (Saas), Cloud computing or other technologies from time to time and we will not transfer personal information to a recipient in a foreign country unless we have appropriate protections in place as required by the relevant privacy laws.
How Secure Is Information About Me? We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which encrypts information you input and which is certified by the Secure Server Certification Authority. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming a reservation. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company for verification.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you have finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access? www.fhihotels.com gives you access to your own profile, which you may access via login, i.e., with your e-mail address, and a self-defined password. You may, and we kindly request you to do so, update that information, if required. Information about you that you may access are:
- Your Name, Address and Contact Details
- Your Room Requests that you previously entered on the Internet; and
- Your Credit Card details that you previously used, of which only the last 4 digits of the number is shown at all times
Copyright All copyright and other intellectual property rights in the form of text, images, sound, softwares and other materials on this site are owned by Federal Hotels International Sdn Bhd (“FHISB”) and the FHI Group and affiliated Companies or are included with permission of the relevant owners.
You are welcome to browse this site and to reproduce extracts from it, for your information and for non-commercial and personal purposes only. The material on this site may not be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication or site without the prior written agreement of I FHISB and the FHI Group.
Trademarks All trademarks displayed on this site are owned by FHISB and the FHI Group.
Contents The information and material contained in this site are for general reference only. FHISB and the FHI Group disclaim any warranty or representation of any kind, express or implied, as to any matter whatsoever relating to this site or any Linked Site. To the fullest extent allowed by law, FHISB and the FHI Group shall accept no responsibility or liability in respect of any loss or damages howsoever arising herein.
Use of or visit to this site does not constitute an offer of goods and services by FHISB and the FHI Group. Goods and services may only be available in certain countries and any offer to purchase goods or to retain services from FHISB and the FHI Group are subject to acceptance by FHISB and the FHI Group and in accordance with specific terms and conditions on which they are offered.
Communications Policy Other than personal information, FHISB and the FHI Group shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute your communications to us onto third parties and to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in those communications for any purpose whatsoever. Communications include but are not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions and the like.
What Can I Do If I Have any Questions or Concerns? Your personal data will be managed by our dedicated Data Protection Team who will be happy to answer any concerns or queries you may have relating to the use or storage of your personal data. You have the right to access such data and to require a correction to any data which is incorrect. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional provisions for processing of personal information/data of residents of the European Union (“EU”), European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland (General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), European Union)
Federal Hotels International Group of Hotels (“FHI Hotels & Serviced Suites”) namely The Federal Kuala Lumpur, Hotel Capitol Kuala Lumpur and The Grace Hotel, Sydney shall comply and process personal information/data (which can be in oral, electronic, written or printed form) of guests at their hotels who are residents of the European Union (“EU”), the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). FHI Hotels may receive personal information/data from individuals or entities in the EU, EEA and Switzerland. The processing of these personal information/data shall be according to the purpose for which it was collected, as follows, and with the consent of the parties concerned:
- Guests making reservations and staying at FHI Hotels & Serviced Suites
- Participation of guests in the Gracious Rewards Loyalty Programmes or other similar programmes.
- Information/data gathered from guests taking part in social media activities sponsored by the FHI Hotels.
- Participation in surveys, promotions and contests organised by the FHI Hotels.
- For security purposes, closed circuit television may be used to record images of guests and visitors in public areas and relevant technologies used to locate guests at the hotels’ property.
- Guests making use of health & fitness clubs, concierge services and taking part in other activities provided by the FHI Hotels & Serviced Suites.
- Direct Marketing programmes.
The parties concerned have certain rights in the processing of their personal information/data and the FHI Hotels have an obligation to provide information/data in respect as to those rights, pursuant to the provisions of the GDPR. The parties concerned have the right to request FHI Hotels & Serviced Suites to attend to the following:-
- A request to delete their personal information/data
- Request for a copy of their personal information/data.
- Requests to update or correct their personal information/data.
Request by the parties concerned to cease processing their personal information/data
- Parties concerned have the right to request FHI Hotels & Serviced Suites to cease processing their personal information/data unless FHI Hotels have a legal basis to do so.
Retaining Personal Information/Data
- All personal information/data collected shall be with the consent of the parties concerned and according to applicable laws and will be retained only for the duration applicable and legally required by law.
Restrict processing of personal information/data Parties concerned have the right to request the FHI Hotels & Serviced Suites to restrict the processing of their personal information/data where it is unlawful to do so or the parties concerned need the personal information/data for a legal related matter or where the parties concerned have objected to the processing of their personal information/data or where it is pending an update or correction from the FHI Hotels. All requests with regard to personal information/data must be made in writing, either by letter or email by the respective authorized signatory: All personal information/data will be managed by the FHI Hotels & Serviced Suites’ dedicated Data Protection Team who will be happy to answer any concerns or queries the parties concerned may have relating to the use or storage of their personal information/data. FHI Hotels’ Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com. Our Data Protection Officer at The Grace Hotel Sydney can also be contacted at data- firstname.lastname@example.org.